Make the Internet of Things Work for Your Family
Z-wave allows you to use the internet of things to manage your home, whether you are at home or away. Z-wave products can be monitored and controlled thru your mobile phone, tablet, laptop or smart TV.
Z-wave makes regular household appliances “smart”. It enables you to control lighting, thermostat, door locks, curtains, cameras and other appliances. With Z-wave, these things are able to ‘talk” to each other and together create the atmosphere that you prefer.
In a Z-wave smart home, one touch can set the right atmosphere. You can configure the following sample “scenes”:
- watch a movie
- coming home
- waking up
- on vacation
A scene triggers a series of configurations on the connected devices to create the scene you want. For example, the “watch a movie” will automatically dim the lights, adjust the thermostat and open your smart TV to the video channel.
Get connected to your home and loved ones
Z-wave gives you the power to check on your loved ones remotely. You can access live video streams from your mobile phone. You can make sure that the doors and windows are securely locked even when you are away for the night. Z-wave will also alert you of emergency situations such as fire, flood or burglary.
What is behind Z-wave?
Zwave powers the world’s leading brands in home automation. It is a proprietary RF-based technology licensed out by a single company, Sigma Designs. Z-wave boasts of the following features:
- Easy to use
- Interoperable with most switches and devices from different companies
- Does not interfere with WIFI
- Uses very low-powered wireless networks (their devices can run for years on a little watch battery)
- Each Z-wave device (except battery powered) is a repeater, which creates a mesh network repeating signals
- Short-range wireless technologies
- Wide array of devices: lighting, locks, thermostats, switches, occupancy detectors, and much more are available.